I found this meme on ChicagoMama today. Thought I'd give it a shot, too.
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
"I didn't have those gray hairs last week."
2. How much cash do you have on you?
3. What's a word that rhymes with “DOOR?”
SPORE. (For some reason, I have had in my head the line from Ghostbusters: "I collect mold, spores, and fungus.")
4. Favorite planet?
This one? (Least favorite: Planet Hollywood.)
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
My wife's older sister's husband.
6. What is your favorite ringtone on your phone?
"Los Angeles," by X
7. What shirt are you wearing?
Navy-check pattern buttondown by J. Crew. It's got persistent sweat stains inside the collar. And I am wearing a Black Flag T underneath.
8. Do you “label” yourself?
Yes. And the label is four feet long.
9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing.
Biltrite? Or is that just who makes the sole? These are pretty generic black wingtips.
10. Bright or Dark Room?
Dark. Getting darker every second.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I enjoy her weblog, but don't read it often enough. I think her musical taste reminds me of Brian Last Stop's.
12. What does your watch look like?
It looks like a Swiss Army Watch by Swiss Army.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Whining. And hoping for just 20 consecutive minutes of sleep.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
Why would it be my last?! What do you know that you're not telling me?! (My most recent message read thusly: "Sheff to Tigers.")
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
About 300-400 feet from my building.
16. What's a word that you say a lot?
"Great." Everything I like is "great." Even spectacular things.
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
18. Last furry thing you touched?
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
One. Caffeine. Vitamins and herbal supplements, but no other medications or drugs.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
Four was real good. No school. No work. I was unaware of the world's evils. "Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)" by Daddy Dewdrop was on the radio all the time.
22. Your worst enemy?
Attention Deficit Disorder.
23. What is your current desktop picture?
A most amazing photo of my wife and our oldest son. They are lying side by side, she is kissing his head. It's an action shot. It's beautiful and exudes love, like photos John and Yoko used to take of each other.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"I'll talk to you in a bit."
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
Give me the money. Why fly?
26. Do you like someone?
Are we eleven?
27. The last song you listened to...?
Voodoo Child (Slight Return) by Jimi Hendrix Experience
28. What time of day were you born?
29. What's your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
I hope so.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
First, in bed in Brooklyn, NY; then sobbing on my rooftop deck.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
My next will be on the in-side of my right lower leg.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
From one city or country to another, yes. From the couch to the door to pay the delivery guy, maybe.
39. Are you touchy-feely?
No. But I have a hard time NOT kissing my 2-year old son's head and neck.
40. What's your life motto?
"I Don't Have One." It's a stupid motto, but the woman who begs for quarters on Court Street always understood me.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times.
Wallet, wedding ring, tattoos.
42. What's your favorite town/city?
So many: London, Seoul, San Gimignano, Philly, Toronto, Providence, Indianapolis, Chicago.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Lunch: turkey burger deluxe (with cheddar), Met-Rx protein drink, slice of marble pound cake.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Around 2002, to my sister-in-law staying in Pennsylvania.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
No. But I know how to get it changed.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
That she was overweight and living in Florida. I believe the story, however, to be apocryphal.
47. How far back do you know your ancestry?
I know I had great grandparents. (Or: "spectacular" grandparents.)
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Sorry. As I am not a dandy, I do not dress "fancy."
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
50. Have you been burned by love?
Of course. But getting burned by hate is worse, every time.
[posted with ecto]